What is the program about?
The goal of the F# Software Foundation Affiliated User Group program is to:
- Allow the F# Software Foundation to better assist both new and existing user groups while simultaneously extending the reach and impact of our Mission
- How does it work?
- Benefits for User Group
- Requirements for User Group
- Benefits for the F# Software Foundation
- How do I participate?
How does it work?
- User Groups may become affiliates of F# Software Foundation. (Affiliated User Group)
- Group uses Meetup to organize and announce meetings.
- Group is listed as organizational member on member roster
- Group gets special denotation on User Groups map.
- Shall have primary Organizer be the F# Software Foundation on Meetup
Benefits for User Group
- Events will automatically be submitted to Communications Working Group, and advertised directly by F# Software Foundation
- All meetup organizer dues will be covered via FSSF Meetup Pro accounts
- User Group can request assistance from FSSF directly
- FSSF may provide swag to groups at their discretion
- Group is given higher allowances for speakers under FSSF Speaker Program
Requirements for User Group
- User group must have a focus on topics related to F#
- Events shall be free of charge
- User group will use Meetup (or other event solution as determined by FSSF) as primary means of communication and management with group
- Agree to have primary organizer within Meetup be the F# Software Foundation account
- Agree that all events follow the F# Software Foundation Code of Conduct, as they will become official FSSF events
- Agree to operate following standard "not for profit" guidelines (ie: no personal gain, no direct benefit for organizers)
Benefits for the F# Software Foundation
- Furthers our Mission to promote F# globally
- Extended reach: We will potentially receive ability to contact all members of all affiliated user groups
- Extended visibility: FSSF gets a global presense
- Ability to promote local events more effectively